BHS is offering FREE Physicals for next school year. Please remember that all athletes must have these completed by the first day of the 2016-2017 school year so this is a great opportunity to go ahead and get that done! Here is the information we have received thus far:
“April 19th Tuesday will be the boys 8th grade through 11th grade. May 3rd Tuesday will be the girls 8th grade through 11th grade. The paperwork will be available online at our sports medicine link on the athletic web page and the athletic training dept. will have paper copies as well. This will be only the physical exam page and medical history page. Regarding the paperwork please make sure both the Parent and Student have signed the bottom of the Medical History and it’s filled in completely! We have Doctors who WILL NOT sign off on the physical because the parent did not sign. The location will be the usual Scott and White clinic next to Leon Height Elementary. Time will be shortly after school lets out approximately 4:30. We will meet on the grass between Leon Heights and the clinic.” I will make a handout for the students with this information as well and will have copies at the Swim Center.
This week we started our Drylands for both the Varsity and JV Teams. I put the schedule on Facebook/Twitter, RankOne Remind, and the Belton Tiger Athletics website on Sunday afternoon. There have also been copies of the schedule at the Swim Center for athletes to pick up. We are asking that athletes bring in their own mat that they can leave at the Swim Center with their name on it. This will help with hygiene/cleanliness as well as ensuring that every athlete gets to take advantage of having his/her own mat.
Athletics is having another Letter Jacket order for those that would like to order a Letter Jacket as well as for those who just want to order more patches for their jacket. The order process is going to take place on May 19th, but if your athlete is planning on ordering a jacket, please let me know by the end of next week so that I may get them the numbers so we can get the packets out to you guys. Here is the information Athletics provided:
“Letter Jacket orders will take place in the Athletic Complex classroom on Thursday, May 19
- I need an estimated number of forms you will need for your athletes.
- Email estimated number of packets to Denise!!
- Pick up packets from Harmony
- Coaches – Email a list of students receiving jackets to Denise by Monday, May 16. If an athlete is purchasing only patches, I do not need their name.
- Measurements will be taken on Thursday, May 19, from 7:15 a.m. to 1:05 p.m.
- Athletes must bring completed forms and money (check, cash, debit or credit card)
- Questions – call: Mrs. Gail Agnew @ 254-718-4995
- Athletes ordering patches should give a physical address for UPS delivery.”
If you have any questions about anything at all, please let us know!