Belton High School Boy’s Basketball in a season filled with great ups and downs has multiple players named to the District 8-6A All District Teams.
1st Team All District – (SR) Kiron Griffin Jr.
- 2-Year Team Captain, led the team in deflections, steals, and his signature charges. Kiron holds the school record for most charges taken in a season (47) which he set last year as a JR and came close to eclipsing this season.
- Kiron does not have a school choice narrowed down just yet but is currently leaning toward Northern Vermont University where he would plan to further his playing career and major in Pre-Law.
1st Team All District – (SR) Dontori Lott
- As a 4-Year Varsity Letterman Dontori led the Tigers in Scoring, Rebounding, and FG Percentage this season. His versatility and athleticism allowed for the Tigers to take advantage of some mismatches which he maximized.
- Dontori has not made a school choice yet but has narrowed his school choices down to University of St. Thomas (Houston), Concordia University (Austin) and Texas State University where he plans to extend his playing career and major in Business with the plan to start his own business some day.
2nd Team All District – (SR) Jarian Kerley
- Jarian is a 2-Year starter for the Tigers and manned the PG position. His playmaking, showmanship, and timely shot making was on full display this season.
- Jarian is undecided as to his collegiate plans in terms of location but he does plan to pursuit his dream of playing college basketball. Once on campus he expects to major in Business with the hopes of being in the front office of a NBA team someday.
Honorable Mention All District – (SR) Elijah Eddings
- 2-Year starter Elijah Eddings led the Tigers this season in Assists and was 2nd on the team in Deflections. His ball-hawking instincts helped lead a Tigers Defense that featured some amazing comebacks and clutch overtime district wins.
- Elijah will be attending Wichita State University where he plans on majoring in Pre-Pharmacy with goals of becoming a pharmacist.
Honorable Mention All District – (SR) Jordan Ellis
- 4-Year Varsity Letterman Jordan Ellis showcased his fearless shotmaking this season from 3-point range hitting some big 3’s in district play including the game winner over San Angelo Central.
- Jordan has not made a college choice but wants to extend his playing career at the collegiate level or just attending Texas Tech, UT-San Antonio, or University of North Texas. He will major in Health and Human Wellness with career goals of working within the basketball industry in some capacity.
Academic All District – (SR) Kyle O’Banon
- 2-Year Varsity Letterman and one of this season’s Co-Captains, Kyle provided a selflessness and a toughness to the Tiger team. His line drive style and fearless competitiveness sparked many runs for the Tigers this season on both ends of the floor. But what is most impressive is that he managed to perform well all while being on the A-Honor Roll and pulling down a Cumulative GPA of 92 on a 100-Point Scale.
- Kyle is currently undecided on his college choices but is leaning toward running track at Southwestern University (Georgetown) and majoring in Education and Sports Medicine where he plans to become a Teacher and a High School Coach.
Academic All District – (SR) Jonathan Figueroa
- 1-Year Varsity Letterman and member of the Belton High School Football Team, Jonathan’s high motor and physical nature played a key role in the team’s success. His funny and unique wit lightened some tense moments during this rollercoaster of a ride season that led us to the playoffs.
- Jonathan will be attending Texas A&M University this Fall where plans to major in Visualization and career goals of being a Video Game Producer. Jonathan holds the distinct honor of having he highest GPA on the team at 102 on a 100-Point Scale.