Belton High School Summer Strength and Conditioning Workouts start June 8 through July 23 and will be offered Monday through Friday for most of the summer with the exception of some specific days off (dates at the bottom).
Session I – 7 am-9am, All High School Boys
Session II – 10am-12am, All High School Girls, MS Girls, MS Boys
What the Athlete needs to bring:
- Dress ready to workout with Tennis Shoes on. If attending sport specific workout as well bring cleats, basketball shoes……
- Water bottle with your name on it.
- Face Mask is optional
- Personnel Hand Sanitizer is optional
Sport Specific Training Sessions will be held as follows…
8am-9am- Tennis (Tuesday and Thursdays)
9am-10am – Football( Monday-Friday), Volleyball (Tuesday/Thursday), Girls Basketball (Monday/Wednesday) (incoming HS athletes only)
10am-11am – Boys Basketball (Monday/Wednesday), (incoming HS athletes only)
Baseball (Tuesday/Thursday) (incoming HS athletes only) (Athletes that participate in football will get ½ hour of baseball or basketball)
Swimmers who are interested:
Swimmers interested in UIL swim-specific workouts must fill out the form at the link below by Monday, June 8th, 2020. Workouts will begin June 15th, 2020 but swimmers must fill out this form to participate. Detailed information will be emailed out after the deadline. For questions please contact Kimberly.Davies@bisd.net
The information below is our plan for giving our student-athletes the opportunity to participate in our Strength and Conditioning workouts while staying safe and healthy. Our staff will be following all guidelines as set forth by Belton ISD and the UIL.
- All participants must have athletic physicals on file in Rank One. If an athlete has a physical on file from the 19-20 school year, that is acceptable. A paper copy of the athletic physical can be found here.
- A COVID-19 Pre-Screen will be sent to parents and athletes each Sunday afternoon. Athletes must complete the questionnaire before participating on Monday.
- All Students and Staff must self-screen every day for COVID symptoms for themselves and family members
- Athletic Trainers will be on site for the entirety of every Strength & Conditioning or Sport Specific workout. They will have thermometers to test any athlete that is suspect or showing signs/symptoms of COVID-19.
Drop Off/Pick up Plan
- Students are to be dropped off at the Field House nearest the weight room.
- If student drove they will park in the Field House parking lot.
- Students will be released to the parking lot behind the Visitors side of the Football Stadium to the pick-up location at the end of their session.
- No parents or spectators will be allowed at or inside district facilities. Parents must drop off athletes and return to pick them up.
- Students must practice social distancing of 6 feet while waiting at the drop off location and the pick-up location. (See map below)
Drop Off Location is the Field House Parking Lot.
Pick-up Location is the area behind the visitors bleachers.
- Locker rooms will NOT be available for changing or showering. Students must report to workouts in proper gear and immediately return home to shower at the end of the workout. Stadium restrooms will be utilized for restroom purposes. Limit on use of 2 at a time.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be readily available in the workout area. At every rotation of a station, students must use the hand sanitizer before going to the next station.
- Each student must bring their own labeled water bottle/jug. Water fountains will NOT be available nor may water be shared amongst students. There will be a water cow station for students to refill water bottles. If student forgets their water BISD will provide a water bottle. Do NOT bring food.
- All equipment will be thoroughly disinfected before and after each use. If a student uses a piece of equipment, it must be disinfected prior to the next student using it.
- Students who are not actively exercising, but are spotting, are permitted to wear face masks, however, it is not required.
- At the end of the week, each facility will be disinfected with a fogger or hand held disinfectant guns.
Strength and Conditioning workouts will not be offered on the following dates
Thursday, June 18 (Graduation)
Friday, July 3 (Holiday)
Monday, July 6 – Friday July 10 (TGCA Conference)
Monday, July 20 & Tuesday, July 21 (THSCA Conference)
Friday, July 24th (BISD Coaches Conference)
- Students will be designated into an assigned group (by grade level) on their first day of attendance to the Strength & Conditioning workout. The student is required to workout with this group throughout the duration of the Summer Workout.
- Each Coach working will also be assigned to a group and will rotate with them.
- Each group will be designated with NFL team names, such as Vikings, Dolphins, Bengals, etc.
- This plan is to help minimize the amount of interaction each particular student has with other students during the workout session.
- Our plan is to have 18 kids per group so we can have 3 groups spaced out in the weight room (25% capacity is 54).
- Belton ISD athletes eligible are incoming 7th – 12th graders.
- Attendance is optional for all Belton ISD athletes.
- No athlete will be pressured to come to in-person summer workouts.
- An at home workout will be provided to every athlete of a sport by their coach each week. This includes sport specific work and strength and conditioning.
- Accurate attendance will be taken while observing social distancing guidelines.
Bad Weather Plans
Students will remain inside in different locations within the field house and the Auxiliary Weight Room to include Meeting Rooms and hallways, in order to remain within the guidelines set forth by Belton ISD and the UIL.
UIL guidelines and procedures